Hosting a Superbowl Party? Need to take something to a party?Try thinking of Football themed food! Here are a few foods and recipes to help you out.
Hosting a Superbowl Party? Need to take something to a party?
Try thinking of Football themed food! Here are a few foods and recipes to help you out.
End Zone Peanut Butter Chocolate Footballs
2 cups crisp rice cereal
3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/3 cup white baking pieces
1. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl stir together the cereal, oats, and raisins.
2. In a small saucepan combine the honey and peanut butter. Heat over medium heat until melted and smooth. Pour over
cereal mixture; toss to coat.
3. Spoon rounded tablespoons of mixture (24 mounds) onto prepared cookie sheet. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until cool. Using slightly damp hands, shape each mound into a football shape; set aside.
4. Place the semisweet chocolate pieces in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 to 60 seconds or until just melted, stirring once.
5. Spoon melted chocolate over the top of each football, spreading evenly. Chill footballs, uncovered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Place the white baking pieces in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 15 to 30 seconds or until just melted, stirring once. Place melted mixture in a zip-top bag. Snip a small hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe laces onto each football. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
(I had pinned this recipe but it save the site, so forgive me if I don't remember where it came from)
If you just want to do something VERY simple and easy just make boxed brownies and cut into football shapes, put icing or melted white chocolate into a plastic bag, snip the end and pipe laces onto brownies!
picture from Betty Crocker